About Me

I am creating my first blog to learn about the advantages of communicating in this way. I like books, films, tennis, skiing and travelling and have spent a lot of my life living overseas. I have arrived in Australia fairly recently and have a big country to explore!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week #10 Mashups


A mashup is where features from 2 or more web applications are merged to create something new. This method can be used to create photo albums, posters, calendars, tours, exhibitions and seems to be useful for public libraries, and local history departments who have creative techies who have lots of time. I used Big Huge Lab to create a Mosaic of ideas for Book Prezzies. I had some problems trying to edit and size the image above. I liked the Voice Thread where different people featured in a photo added their audio commentary. This seems great for local history, or family projects.

No comments: