About Me

I am creating my first blog to learn about the advantages of communicating in this way. I like books, films, tennis, skiing and travelling and have spent a lot of my life living overseas. I have arrived in Australia fairly recently and have a big country to explore!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Week #9 Podcasts and Audio

Podcasts are a great way to catch those programs you missed on radio or TV and watch/listen at your own convenience. Libraries seem to be using them for public programming (story times, talks, tours, information) and for audio instruction/training for clients in combination with the user being online and talked through e.g. search process for journal articles. I imagine this would involve considerable initial staff time to set up and record. I liked the podcasts sites that indicated time duration so you know in advance how long you will be listening/watching. Our library might think about podcasts for professional development, library events, and information literacy training.

No comments: