About Me

I am creating my first blog to learn about the advantages of communicating in this way. I like books, films, tennis, skiing and travelling and have spent a lot of my life living overseas. I have arrived in Australia fairly recently and have a big country to explore!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week #8 Answer Boards & Social Searching

These seem to be a good way to manage Q & A without clogging up email boxes. I liked some of the tag signatures such as "We eat questions for breakfast" on librarians answer board wiki. Knowledge and expertise is shared beyond the original questioner and responder and more than one person can respond and contribute. Quality of responses can be rated by users. Our library already has an Ask a Librarian service but our users might like to review new acquisitions, or services.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Yes - there are some interesting things happening here.

Ellen (PLS)